Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Fun

I have been trying to keep the kids entertained with fun things this summer.  Yes we have spent a lot of days at home, but all in all I think they have had a lot of fun.   Here are a few (ok a lot) pictures of our adventures.


We were very lucky to get tickets to the screening of Turbo (thank you IMS for those).  It is a cute movie and my kids loved it.


 It was even in 3-D The kids loved the glasses.


After the movie we had lunch and headed off to the zoo.


We had the best guide too.  She was a little hot and getting tired when I took the picture but she was a trooper and made it to the end.


I like the jelly fish display.  Don't mind the face in the glass at the bottom of the picture, it is just a reflection, not a ghost.


The kids were amazed at how many birds could sit on one little tree.


We have gone to a friends house and played in the creek, catching crayfish and minnows.


and maybe a few leaves, but she was on a mission for sure.


He tried to hold still for a picture, but something caught his eye.


Summer isn't complete without a trip to the pool with friends.




But there is no swimming here, not for a while anyways.


They are repairing the dam at this reservoir and will let it refill next summer I believe.  It will be neat to come back and see the difference in a few years.


This is the entrance to a parking area near one of the parks.  They allow the stream to flow over the road and as the algae grows people come with their plastic bags and slide down into the lower end of the creek.  We didn't slide, but stuck our hand in the water last night and it was ice cold.


We also took a short hike to find this hidden beauty.


The flash really darkened the waterfall, but all the same, the kids both smiled for the first picture so I didn't dare press my luck for another one.


And finally, this balloon flew over the park right before sunset.  It was a beautiful day and I hope they had a wonderful ride.  I would love to go on a balloon ride some day.


There is a tiny bit of things we have done this summer.  No we did not do all of this in one day.  

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys have been having a wonderful fun summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing a bit of your summer with us! If you did all that in one day,you would have to have been Super Mom ;)

    ReplyDelete