Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Test Kitchen Tuesday

My father in law visited over the weekend so I took the opportunity to try a new recipe for a Slow-Roasted boneless pork loin, it turned out amazing!

Slow-Roasted Boneless Pork Loin

1 2-3 pound boneless pork loin roast or pork sirloin roast
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon dried Thyme, sage oregano and rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 clove of garlic crushed

Combine all ingredients in a large ziploc bag and let marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, can be longer.

Preheat oven to 450 F.  Place roast in a baking dish or roasting pan (can use a meat rack if desired).  

Bake at 450 for 12 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 275 and cook for 60-80 minutes.  (my roast was about 2.5 lbs and took about 70 min to cook).

Let rest for 15 minutes before cutting.

I'm sure this could be adapted to be cooked in the crock pot.  This was very tender and juicy.

I took pictures, but for some reason they are not showing up on my phone. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! But I will have to wait to try it until my hubs I'd gone because there is no way the hubs will appreciate it! Lol

    ReplyDelete