Welcome back to Test Kitchen Tuesday. I'm not sure today's recipe is much of a test, since I'm the only one in my house who would actually eat everything that is in it. If I took out what everyone doesn't like to eat I would be left with chicken and pasta. You see, I live in a house full of picky eaters. My hubby won't even touch most vegetables, and my kids well they are kids and just because something is a certain color they don't like it. So on that note, I have not tried to make this weeks recipe, but the picture in the cook book makes it look really good.
So without further ado....
Italian Chicken Pasta
6 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta (about 3 cups dry)
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 small yellow or red bell pepper cut into thin strips
1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 large garlic cloves pressed/minced
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm
2. While pasta is cooking, prepare your veggies.
3. Heal oil in skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Press garlic into skillet and then add the chicken. Stir-fry for about 5 min. until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat to Medium. Add onion, zucchini, bell pepper, peas, seasoning and salt; stir-fry 1-2 minutes stirring gently until heated through. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in warm pasta. Grate Parmesan cheese over pasta. Serve immediately. Yields 6 servings
So without further ado....
Italian Chicken Pasta
6 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta (about 3 cups dry)
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 small yellow or red bell pepper cut into thin strips
1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 large garlic cloves pressed/minced
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm
2. While pasta is cooking, prepare your veggies.
3. Heal oil in skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Press garlic into skillet and then add the chicken. Stir-fry for about 5 min. until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat to Medium. Add onion, zucchini, bell pepper, peas, seasoning and salt; stir-fry 1-2 minutes stirring gently until heated through. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in warm pasta. Grate Parmesan cheese over pasta. Serve immediately. Yields 6 servings

We would totally eat this, even AM so long as I spoon fed her. Lately I can get her to eat just about anything so long as I put it in her mouth for her, she has become very lazy since daya left.
ReplyDelete