Monday, February 27, 2012

What a weekend...

Happy Monday everyone!  My weekend was way too short. What about yours?  We left on Friday as soon as hubby got home from work and from there it was go! go! go! On Saturday, we went to a Tweet-up event in Indianapolis where we met up with other Indy Car fans.  We toured the new Dallara factory, took a short ride in a street legal 2-seated Indy Car (That was a blast!).
2-seater driven by Logan Gomez former Indy Lights Driver.



From there we went to an indoor go-karting facility and raced. For the final race we were joined by Indy car driver James Hinchcliffe and he raced with the top 6 drivers of the day. My hubby was one of the lucky ones who got to do that. James is a great person, he spent time signing autographs and just visiting with everyone who was there.
L-R My hubby, James Hinchcliffe, me
But that wasn't the end to our day. Saturday night we all met up for dinner/drinks and prizes to be given away where we were joined by Indy car driver Pippa Mann, she went around to everyone's table twice just chatting and taking pictures.

xgryu.jpg
Magoo-The Stig, Morgan, and Pippa Mann
When we got picked up the weekend mail on Sunday afternoon there was a large package in my mail box and I was a bit confused because I had received everything I had ordered recently. Here is what the package contained.


Isn't the table runner just stunning? There was also a CurlyWurly (chocolate covered chew caramel) and some bits of fabric. The card was beautiful as well.  My package came from Cindy over at Fluffly Sheep Quilting. A few months ago she posted about Pay It Forward, and I was lucky enough to sign up.  I have sent of one of my 3 PIF's.  Unfortunatley I never heard back from the recipient to know if she got it or even liked it.  I was a bit disappointed, but I have plans for the next 2.

I hope everyone has a great day today and come back tomorrow for week 2 of  'Test Kitchen Tuesday' where I will be sharing with you another amazing recipe with you.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I love your PIF gift - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete