Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Test Kitchen Tuesday...Creamy Broccoli and Potato soup

Welcome to the first round of Test Kitchen Tuesday.


Today I have chose to share a recipe for Creamy Broccoli and Potato soup.  This is a very 'hearty' soup.

To make 4 servings (one bowl and I was stuffed) you will need:


1 cup chopped broccoli (make into bite sized pieces)
1 russet potato cubed (skin on optional)
1/2 cup baby carrots cut up/sliced
1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 Tbsp of butter
Pepper to taste
1 3/4 cup chicken broth 
1 3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup flour 
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Melt butter in sauce pan, add carrots, onion, garlic and pepper, saute for for about 3 min over med/low heat, don't burn your garlic or it will get bitter.

Add potatoes and broth, bring to a boil.  Boil until potatoes are tender, about 15 min.

Whisk flour into the milk, and slowly add to the potato mixture, bring to a boil once it thickens up.  

Add broccoli and cook for about 5 min, then add cheese stir until melted. 

I topped mine off with a few bacon bits.

This pairs well with garlic toast if you aren't watching carbs. :o)


Enjoy!

Note, I felt there was enough salt in the broth that adding more was not necessary.

3 comments:

  1. It looks DELICIOUS!!!! I think I can even smell it, lol. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yum! I make something similar,but yours sounds so good I will have to give it a try! Can you add smell-a -vision to your Test Kitchen Tuesday posts?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can vouch - this is super yummy!

    ReplyDelete