Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!







Yesterday, I did some experimenting in the kitchen for dinner.   In our house we are creatures of habit and eat the same few recipes over and over.   

I picked up the usual pork roast when I did my weekly shopping over the weekend and that was  on the menu for last night.  I didn't want the same, pork chops, or crock pot pork as it is called in our house.  So, I ventured out.  I had a hunk of fresh ginger, some sweet onion, fresh garlic and fresh parsley laying around.  We like Asian food, but that seems to have way too much sodium when you are trying to diet and didn't stick to the diet over the weekend.   I looked at recipes to see what included the things I had and I really didn't find a whole lot, so I made up my own.

It turned out amazing and my kids ages 3 and 5 even cleaned their plates.  I have decided to share my recipe in case someone is not eating out tonight (like us, way too busy for me).   I shall call this creation 'garlic ginger pork'

Garlic Ginger Pork

2 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste (if desired, you won't miss it if you don't add it)
3 Tablespoons Olive oil

1 pork loin roast I used a 1-2 pound roast for 4 people.

Combine all ingredients except the meat  in a large ziploc bag and let "marry" for about 10 min. Add the roast and then squeeze as much air out of the bag as you can and rub the marinade around the pork and put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to marinate.

Pre-heat oven to 425.

Line your baking dish with foil (for easy cleanup)  Add your roast marinade and all, cover with foil and bake for about 40 min or until done.  (I had to cook mine longer because I started at a lower temp. for the first 40 min).

Sorry I don't have any pictures, We devoured it before I thought about sharing the recipe.

Tonight's dinner is Salmon Fillet's, asparagus, and rolls.  I think I am going to fix a special dessert since it is Valentine's day.  I'd do some chocolate covered fruit but my husband thinks that is weird so I will have to come up with something else.

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be trying this! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete