Friday, January 20, 2012

Hello photo-less Friday

Hello Friday! How did you get here so fast?  Don't you know I have have been taking care of a sick child this week and haven't had time to some of the things I love, like sew?   Don't worry the sick child is finally willingly taking her medicine and is on the mend.  Strep throat is no fun and I hated seeing my baby girl sick.

Yesterday, I spent some time in the kitchen while the little sickling rested.   I made some chocolate chip cookies, I mean don't they make everyone feel better when they are down?  Oh, and some rice crispy treats, those are always a good choice as well.  Then I needed something for dinner last night, so I tried a new method for an old recipe.  I cooked my meatloaf in the crock pot.  I have to say it was the best meatloaf I have ever had.

Since I didn't take any pictures of all my domesticity, I will share with you the recipe I used for my meatloaf.

To start, I lined my crock pot with foil (makes it easier to lift out). If you have those nifty plastic liners you can use those instead.

Then mix together:

2 pounds ground beef 

1 package of the lipton beefy onion soup

1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped (can use dried, but you won't need that much a tablespoon maybe)

2 eggs

3/4 cup bread crumbs

3/4 cup milk 

Put in the crock pot and press it down so it is flat.   At this point if you like ketchup on your meatloaf go a head and spread it on the top.  Then roll your excess foil to the inside (this will give you something to grab onto to lift your loaf out when it is done).

Cook on high for 3 hours or low 6-8 hours.   Have a cookie sheet or other 'deep' pan near by for when you lift out your meatloaf to catch the grease.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Our 

2 comments:

  1. Now I want cookies. :D I hope your little girl finishes getting better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- I had no idea you could cook meatloaf in a crockpot -- what a great idea. I hope your little sickling is better by now!

    ReplyDelete