Friday, February 18, 2011

My new bag.



It may have taken me most of they day yesterday, but I made that new bag I was wanting.  Of course I had to make a trip to the fabric store for fusible fleece and a zipper before I could get started.  Knowing I had to go to the fabric store with a 4 and 2 year old in tow I had to find a way to get them to 'behave' while I hurriedly got what I needed without straying over to look at the endless bolts of fabric dreaming up more projects to make.

Anyways, I'm happy with how it turned out, a little wonky but hey,  I winged the zipper part but it works.  The bag is for me so my inner perfectionist is just going to have to deal with something slightly crooked. I figure, most bags and purses end up on their sides or with a child sitting or standing on them at some point so they never sit up straight for longer than what it takes to snap the picture. So all is good.

Next time I will pick a pattern that has instructions on how to do the zipper part, or search you tube endless videos until I think I can do it, that way my inner perfectionist can be at rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment