Friday, September 5, 2014

Sun Bonnet Sue, she's finally coming together

Once upon a time...Ok to be exact it was somewhere late February early March of 2013 that a friend sent me a package of blocks and fabrics that her Granny had started making a quilt from.  My original post can be seen here.

Well for the past 18 months or so I have worked on these blocks off and on and FINALLY, just this week I have made it to the point of being able to start the quilting process.



I have 2 'twin-ish' sized quilts.  I am really excited to be this far along with them.   Sorry that the pictures are blurry cell phone pictures.  I have no idea what my husband had done with the camera when I needed to to take them.  I'm guessing he needed for a project at work.  I keep telling him his work needs to buy a camera just so they can do what they need to get done (aka remember how something goes back together).

I am linking up again this month with Melissa and the A Lovely Year of Finishes with the goal of getting  both of these quilted.   With kids activities 5 of 7 nights during the week and with me working everyday I may be burning the midnight oil at the end of the month.  

I hope everyone is doing well.  I can't wait to get these quilts finished up.  I have a special baby quilt to get done by November, and then a T-shirt quilt commission that is a Christmas gift to get done.   I am foreseeing lots of goals in my future.   Have a great month everyone.  I will try to be better about checking in with progress or even life updates.

1 comment:

  1. There is something about a Sunbonnet Sue quilt... charming! Two lucky recipients will have heirlooms. Your fall sounds like mine, super busy. I always squeezed time to quilt into my life with kids and full time work, it is a priority! Well blogged.

    ReplyDelete