Sunday, December 9, 2012

There's a Party going on!

Now, do you have the song running though your head?  For those of you who haven't visited me here at Pieces to love, welcome.  I love to quilt!  I also do some cooking, stop in for Test Kitchen Tuesday, where I share a tasty recipe.  I also make some cute dresses for my 4 year old daughter.

I mentioned a party. The Quilting Gallery is turning 5 and to celebrate Mishka is hosting a Blog Hop Party with giveaways!   What a way to celebrate.

Blog Hop Party

There are quilters from around the world participating in this party with giveaways.   Mishka, has a list over at the Quilting Gallery with all the participants so please go check out the Quilting Gallery, and be sure to visit as many of the blogs listed as you can, because they are all giving something away!

I have chosen a charm pack of Moda Basics, by Basic Grey.  


So here are the rules.  

1. Who is eligible   Anyone who has an address :o)  I am willing to ship international! The only catch is, you must be a follower of my blog to enter. 

2. If you are a no-reply blogger and I have no way of contacting you, then if your name is drawn, how will I be able to tell you?  So, please leave your email if you are a no reply blogger.

3. Leave 1 comment telling me what your favorite birthday gift you have ever received was. 

4.Voting will remain open through December 16th.  I will post the winner on Monday, December 17th, 2012. I will notify the winner via email after voting has closed.  You will have until midnight on December 19th to respond with your address.  If you do not respond, then I will choose another winner on December 20th.

Please go and check out Quilting Gallery's page, there are so many things going on over there.  Weekly themed quilt contests, Block parties and more!  I don't know how Mishka does it all.

**Winner/s will be chosen through a random number generator.   

Good luck everyone!

124 comments:

  1. My favorite birthday gift was a candlelit dinner made by my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best birthday gift was a washing machine when I was a broke student. Worst gift was a washing basket for my 16th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follower/stalker...same thing, right?

    Favorite birthday gift ever...this year, even though my hubs wasn't able to be there for my birthday he still sent me an awesome 49ers zip up hoodie. Meant the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite gift was a scrapbook that my bff made for my 30th birthday, there were pictures and letters from family members and close friends. It made me cry and was so special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. way back when, hubby and the kids went out and picked out a fancy little car for my birthday gift. first car all my own, but it was really much easier to cart the kids around for their activities after that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I turned 5 yrs old my mom and dad got me my first bicycle. Wow...that was a lifetime ago. I sure did think it was wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite birthday gift was my Walkman when I was about 13. Man, I loved that thing! Worst gift, a torch. What he thinking?? (Boyfriend, now husband)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I think I have to go far back for that one, too! Had to be before my 16th birthday, as we emigrated shortly before that one. I used to play with something called "Ministeck". It was small little pieces that you would use in a variety of colours on a board to make pictures. Used to really love that craft, and any time I get pieces for it, it was a highlight. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower on GFC! Hubby bought us tickets for a weekend in NYC to see Mamma Mia a few years ago. Great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My parents pulled off a surprise 16th birthday party for me. I was blown away. That was really special.
    I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Deb, You KNOW I'm a fan of yours - and I'm now a follower here AND on Twitter (but don't expect much from me there!). LOL My FAVORITE birthday gift will always be my grandson, Riah, born five years ago on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite birthday gift every is my youngest daughter. She was born the day before my birthday! Since it was February 14, she doubles as my favorite Valentine's day gift ever as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My ex boyfriend got me a sewing machine for my 22nd birthday. I think that has got to be the best birthday present I ever got. :) Thanks for such a generous giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband surprised me with furniture for our deck. He beat me home from work. Had it all set up with lights hung, candles lit, and fancy snacks and cocktails waiting for us. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite birthday gift is my birthday lunch last year. My mom and stepdad treated me to lunch at my favorite resturaunt. Good memories.

    scraphappymomme at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. My fav is the year my sister gave me my sewing machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. best thing ever given to me is a sewing machine and a tackle box filled with sewing supplies when I was 11 and my heidi book

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite birthday gift was a Kobo E-reader, given to me by my husband. I use it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! One favorite was a starbucks gift card...love those specialty drinks! =) Thank you for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the giveaway! My favorite birthday present was my first good sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Don't laugh.. my best gift was a Makita drill! I wanted it oh so badly and decades later, still have it and use it regularly (ding!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite birthday gift was the emerald ring my grandmother gave me on my 16th birthday. When she was 16, her grandmother gave it to her, and she wore it every day until she passed it down to me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. my favorite gift was a beautiful, ornately detailed copy of the Chronicles of Narnia. my husband knew what i wanted without me having to ask, and that was the gift...

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favourite birthday gift was probably the Cabbage Patch doll my parents gave me when I was three! I still have her and treasure her.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My favorite birthday gift was a stereo that I could take with me to college.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My favorite was my bed set, the comforter was in my favorite colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  27. a cruise. what fun it was. thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorite birthday gift would be the first gift my husband ever gave to me, a tricolored gold bracelet!
    lisamcgriff (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  29. My favourite birthday gift ever was a black baby doll when i was a kid, his name's Tom and I still have him. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy to be a new follower.. man I love these new blogs! My reader is about to explode! The best birthday gift I've gotten was an ipod when they were new. Oh to have my music anywhere I wanted has been a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wanted roller-skates ( this was before rollerblades,yes I'm that old) for my 16th birthday. I did receive them and I used them so much I needed new wheels. Believe it or not I still have them 32 yrs later. Thanks for bringing back those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  32. My DH gifted me with a laptop several years ago. It opened my world to craft blogs that I surf while watching TV. Thanks for the chance at your giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  33. My fav birthday gift was my cat pitti pat

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great giveaway! Best birthday gift was new car.....years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. My best birthday gift was a necklace that my mum gave to me on my 21st birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This may sound a bit strange but I am/was a twin. When my twin died, his adopted son disappeared from the family contacts. No one knew where he was or what he was doing and my kids had lost a valued cousin. Last year on my birthday, he contacted me through facebook on my birthday, remembering it was the same as his father's. Again this year came the greeting and the promise to meet the family next summer. I can't think of any gift more valuable than that!

    ReplyDelete
  37. My best present (which took a while to get here) was my fiance moving in with me.

    ReplyDelete
  38. My favourite was in 2nd grade when I received 2 pencil stubs with 3 folded sheets of paper inside another piece of paper folded and stapled in a pouch shape. The giver was from an extremely poor family, and her Mom was pretty upset at her giving away her supplies... it meant the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  39. My favorite birthday gift was a matching opal necklace and earring set my husband gave me. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  40. My best gift was a necklace with the birthstones of all the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Melhor presente de aniversário...Foi meu neto que nasceu dez dias antes,dia 16 de setembro,só amor.E também tem este computador,só para constar.Obrigada.


    seguidora nova GFC 87.
    tiacarminhapezzuto@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Best present ever would be a car my hubby gave me - a classic corvette. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  43. My favorite gift was a transatlanctic crossing on the Queen Mary. It was a BIG birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  44. It would have to be my sewing machine. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  45. My favourite birthday gift was meeting the man who was my soulmate.

    ReplyDelete
  46. My favorite birthday gift...surprise tickets to see The Pirates of Penzance with my best friend in college.

    Deborah
    pinkscissorsdesign @gmail .com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Best Birthday gift was the birth of my son . Now the 2 of us can celebrate together!
    Great giveaway! I am a follower. jbechosend at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hmm....Sunday is my birthday and IF my first grandchild comes that day that will be the best present ever. Otherwise, I think the Ragggedy Ann and Andy a friend got me when I was in my 30s was the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  49. My favourite birthday gift ever to receive was getting Scruff my rough coated black deerhound cross lurcher called Scruff. Scruff is three years old now and wow shes my darling...she give me birthday kisses every morning, every day.... do enter me and Scruff in your yummy give awayx

    ReplyDelete
  50. I have no particular favorute birthday present ever, or it might be my new bycicle when I becam 7 years old. For now I love present which are personal, they don;t need to be expensive, but when sometime took trouble to find some special gift for me makes me happy. What a gorgeous give away you have, love those neutral colors! Have fun with your give away and thanks to organize the fun for us!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'm a new follower. I think my best birthday was when I was 18 and I got my first birthday card! It was from my sister in law. First one I ever got!
    hulseybg at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. A hand made scarf my mum made me - I wear it all winter still!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I follow you via GFC.
    My favourite birthday present was a coffee machine when I was a student, I can't be without coffee in the mornings.

    naehtante (at) googlemail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  54. My favourite birthday gift was a trip to Portugal!

    ReplyDelete
  55. MY FAVORITE BIRTHDAY GIFT WAS MY ENGAGEMENT RING ♥
    THANKS FOR SHARING!

    msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. This Year my 2 sons built me a studio so that I can sew, even artwork...

    ReplyDelete
  57. My hubs got me a kindle a few years ago... Love it!

    I follow via blog lovin!

    ReplyDelete
  58. My favorite birthday gift... My first iPod - I was saving and saving and was a broke college student and my boyfriend bought me a refurbished iPod mini for my birthday that year!

    ReplyDelete
  59. My best birthday gift was an ocean side romantic sunset dinner when we were on vacation in Kauai one year. My family had the kids at the condo and it just a lovely night.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Well, it was the necklaces my boyfriend gave me when I turned 18...I thought they were amazing...kind of. THey were plain and ordinary..but I was in love and the first "boyfriend" gift ever! Later, I noticed them in Sears for 2/$5! Then I got disgusted...he made alot of money and that is all he spent on my on my 18th birthday!
    But I love the Moda Basics... I love the text patterns!
    Thanks for the chance!
    Cheri
    quiltingnanny(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hello from Minnesota! I've been pretty spoiled but my 100cc SYM Symba scooter stands out. It is super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I am and have been a follower of your blog. My favorite Birthday present will be from my Mom. She always gives us $100.00 to do whatever we want with the money. It comes in handy and you know exactly what you are getting from her. You have a great giveway and one that can be put to great quilting ideas. Thank you for giving all of us a chance to win.Happy Holidays.

    Sandi T.
    sandit1@sbcglobal.net
    Sonora, CA

    ReplyDelete
  63. My most precious and favourite birthday gift (actually there are two) One was my first ever bunch of flowers sent to the house - I'm a twin so Claire got one too... was from our Father, that was the first time he bought us a birthday present independently of mother (who had naturally as all mothers do bought all the presents for us as a matter of course) Then I have a ring on my wedding finger - not married, its the only one it will fit on, it is rose gold and has 'Mizpah' embossed on it. 'Mizpah' comes from the old testament meaning -
    "May God watch over us when we are apart", this was a present from my Parents for my 18th Birthday. I have never taken it off, other than when I was carrying a baby and my fingers swelled up like 'pigs tits'. That's me x J x
    Janey@bagsocharm.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  64. thanks for the chance at this wonderful fabric! as for Birthday gifts... my best one was a surprise put together by my husband and my "heart sister".... a house! a beautiful chalet style house at the local town where the ski resort was located... it became our sanity get away spot.. not telephone etc... even though we did/don't ski, we loved to just sit and sip a glass of wine, watching the snow fall and the lights of the skiers as they came down the mountain..... cried when we moved and I had to sell it...............

    ReplyDelete
  65. I do not remember a favorite present, but my favorite birthday celebration was while participating in a mall craft show; my hubbie ordered a cake in advance, and at a certain time, people from all of the other booths came to sing Happy Birthday -- it made me cry! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  66. My husband bought me a gift certificate to our local quilt shop. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Don't remember a specific gift but I do remember a birthday. Maybe I was 7 or 8. My folks were both laid off (50's recession)and there wasn't any extra money. But Mommy went and got 2 Tastycakes, one for me and one for my borther. I had a candle and we thought it was the most wonderful ever!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I'm a new follower of yours! :) I don't really remember a favorite birthday gift. How sad is that... lol? Thanks for such an awesome giveaway! Happy Holidays to You! :)

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hi there!!! I am a new follower.

    My favourite birthday gift was a handmade tea cup made by my daughter. It's so small, 2 slurps and you are done but its the love that makes it beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  70. The hubs bought me my Miata on year but the best was when he had my dog groomed for me!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I am a new follower.. I would just love fabircs at any time..even on birthdays.. A big new line bundle..

    ReplyDelete
  72. I am a follower. My favourite birthday gift was the craft magazine subscription that my husband bought me. It is a Japanese craft magazine and even though I can't read it I can make the patterns in it and I love looking through them.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I am not really a birthday person... I enjoy the company of friends and family but I dont care much about gifts
    saruqa at gmail dot com
    thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  74. A favorite gift was a bank that I've had for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I don't acknowledge my birthday so no gifts for me but my daughter was born on my cousin's birthday so that was a pretty big gift for her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  76. My favorite was a sewing machine that I got this year as an early birthday gift. I love my new sewing machine! Thanks for a chance to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  77. My favorite gift was an engagement ring on my 21st birthday. Still married after 28 years. Thanks for participating in the Blog Hop Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  78. New follower...
    Best bday present story: I had been wanting to get some kittens, and my husband was resistant (we had 3 kids under the age of 4-- including baby twins!) as he didn't want more cute little things to take care of. The day before my birthday he found a feral mama cat with 6 little kittens in our shed! Happy birthday to me! (we kept two and gave the other 4 to our friends who had a big ol' farm!). Love how the universe took care of my present that year!

    ReplyDelete
  79. I bought myself a treadle sewing machine & told my husband he could count it as an early bday present last year.

    ReplyDelete
  80. When I was 12, my parents gave me a globe. I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  81. my ballerina birthday party + cake when I was??7 or 8

    ReplyDelete
  82. Thanks for being in this fun blog hop. Merry Christmas. I'm a follower. Favorite b'day gift was an engagment diamond ring.

    ReplyDelete
  83. My daughter wrote me a list of 50 things she was thanking me for when I turned 50. It was a lovely thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Fabric! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Hmm, I'd have to say a shopping spree at a fabric store. :) Thanks for the giveaway. New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  86. A new sewing machine. Thanks for the chance to win. I am a new follower. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  87. Last year I got the laptop computer I am using now. I love, love, LOVE it and can't imagine life before it.
    Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  88. For my last birthday my hubby gave me a "quilter's dream getaway" trip to Lancaster, Pennsylvania. It just doesn't get any better! Happy holidays and thanks sew much for this chance to win :-)

    ReplyDelete
  89. My best birthday gift was a surprise sewing table from DH. He checked with a quilting friend to find out what I might want. It was a complete surprise. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  90. my first bicycle! thank you for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  91. My favourite birthday and gift was my 60th, I had always dreamed of owning one piece of Moorcroft pottery but could never afford. My family arrange a secret visit to the Moorcroft factory shop where I was told I could choose any piece I would like...Ohhh the decision was hard in the end I chose A vase with the design Annalily.

    ReplyDelete
  92. My favorite birthday gift. Well u see my birthday is November 16th our wedding anniversary is November 19th and then christmas comes shortly afterwards. So I usually get a big gift from my hubby sometimes that takes care of birthday and anniversary and occasionaly christmas also all rolled into one.So the bes tone every was 4 years ago on our 20th anniversary. This was one of those all occasions gift rolled into one. It was my Babylock Ellisimo embroidery machine..The gift that keeps on giving day after day year after year.
    conn_and_vans_mom(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  93. I have been given several nice pieces of jewelry for my Birthday over the years. Hard to say which is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  94. 4 year ago my husband surprised me on my birthday and took me to Greece for the weekend, now' thats what I call a surprise :) Thanks for the great givaway and I follow you via GFC...

    ReplyDelete
  95. I live in a rural area with only one Quilt Shop that is ten miles away. This year my brother and sister surprised me with a personal shop hop to 7 other shops in a 100 mile radius. We had so much fun and I got to choose something at every shop. They even managed to buy me some fabric I was crushing on without me knowing and gave it to me when we got home. Amazing Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  96. My favorite birthday gift was a surprise party, complete with guests from all different times of my life! .......thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  97. I loved my surprise parties too - my 16th and 40th - these were both amazingly fun and I felt VERY loved!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Oh wow, that's a difficult one. My birthday is always nice. One of my favorite gifts this year was a book about Dale Chihuly's Native American blanket collection. The colors ans patterns are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  99. What a great charm pack! Well one of my great gifts was on my 40th birthday. My husband bought me a pair of diamond earrings.

    Thank you for a super giveaway and a chance to win.

    usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  100. My favorite gift was a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  101. My favorite birthday present was a Surprise 50th Birthday Party! My husband pulled it off so well. I had no idea when the party was being planned.
    nicolesender(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  102. Long, long ago in my first year of college, the guy I was dating took me to a fancy restaurant(usually McDonald's was the choice) and then took me to see My Fair Lady(told you it was a long time ago). What made it special was that he really didn't want to see that movie but took me because it was my birthday. Wasn't that sweet of him. We remain friends today.

    ReplyDelete
  103. I love flowers as gift. hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  104. My favorite gift was the year my daughter bought me a gift set for mothers day with her first paycheck. I was honored. Thank you for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  105. A rose wilting on the dash of my car, followed by a dozen red roses inside apartement. Thanks for chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  106. My favorite gift was a treadle sewing machine from my
    husband. Thanks for the chance to win!

    wigglypup2(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  107. My girlfriend gave me a board game we had played as kids... not sure where she ever found it, but I was totally stunned! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  108. My best friend and I have a tradition for our birthdays and Christmas. Birthdays are bags, Christmas is dolls. I can't possibly pick the best bag. She is very talented and each year is better than the last! debbie

    ReplyDelete
  109. My favorite birthday presant was the dog my dad got me--a cockapoo I named Kate. I follow via GFC thanks vickise@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  110. My husband gave me roses. I work away from home and when I came home after a weekend he had roses on the table I follow on GFC

    ReplyDelete
  111. My favorite gift was a quilt that my elderly grandmaother hand stitched for me. She could spend a half hour trying to thread a needle, so when guests came over, she'd have them thread a dozen or so needles for her so she could stitch my quilt. It was a true labor of love, quite a big surprise gift t ome, and has served as a beautiful reminder of her over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  112. I got a computer once for my B-day thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  113. My favorite gift was my new Viking sewing machine!

    Thanks for the giveaway chance!
    Susie
    legato1958@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  114. My favourite birthday gift - the birth of a daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  115. Best bday gift was my cat Izzy. She's a flame point Siamese I adopted. She's cream with blue eyes and so soft. She loves to lay under the covers between your knees or on your lap. She plays like a puppy. She's the alpha in the group of a Himalian male cat, and a jealous male "Jackapoo" dog. I love her so much. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  116. My favorite birthday gift was a netbook I received a couple of years ago. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  117. My favourite birthday gift was an I-Pod given to me by my children. I slept through the night beside the snoring monster for the first time in more than 20 years! Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete