Sunday, April 24, 2011

Buzz...Buzz...Buzz

That is busy me buzzing around trying to do tons of little projects or well one really big one...

My dad will be celebrating his 80th birthday in just a few short weeks.  My siblings and I are planning a surprise party for him.  For some reason, I think because I'm a stay at home mom and everyone thinks I have all the time in the world..., I have been the 'organizer' of this wonderful event.    Do people not realize what a pain in the butt it is to drag 2 small children out and about to gather items like the perfect card for the invitations, stamps, finding someone to make the cakes.  

Yes, I do make cakes but there is no way I will even attempt to make cakes for roughly 150 people and travel 3 hours in the car with the said 2 small children and a husband and all the for lack of a better word crap that goes along with it.

I haven't touched my sewing machine since I finished my mug rug for the swap and I'm going through with draws.   Maybe as soon as I get the invites for the surprise party mailed out I can work on a little project.  The hum of the machine is very therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment