Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Dizzying Diamonds

My friend Melissa over at Sew Bittersweet Designs has designed a new pattern called Dizzying Diamonds and today is the official release!  I'm so excited for her.
 


A few months back she asked me to test the pattern for her and of course I don't know how to say no.  I think my husband would even agree with me on that statement.

Anyways I expanded  Melissa's pattern since again I can't just leave things alone. I have to make them a bit more challenging and if deciding on the layout wasn't enough I just had to make mine to fit my bed.


I added 2 extra rows to the left and right sides and one extra row to the top and bottom for a finished top size of  84" wide and 96" long.

For my prints I used Simply Color by V. and Company.  When picking the contrasting solid I asked for my husband's opinion.  He choose 'green', I decided upon the Peridot from Kona.  It is a great pattern,  Melissa makes all of those half square triangles (HST's) so easy and fast to do.  I used approximately 1.5 layer cakes of each the print and the solid.

Melissa, thanks so much for allowing me to test our your pattern. It was a great experience and you have a great talent for writing them.

If anyone is looking for a challenging but easy pattern this is the one.  

3 comments:

  1. Your version is simply stunning! Thank you again for testing for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful! The prints the green even the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your version Debbe! It just pops off the snow :)

    ReplyDelete